Thursday, February 1, 2018

January One Monthly Goal Check-In


At the beginning of the year, I made a list of goals for the January and for the first quarter. I said I would:

1. Finish quilt top for On Ringo Lake by the end of the quarter.
2. Trim and bind Adinkra by the end of January.
3. Make 90 circles for Quilty Circle 365 by the end of the quarter.
4. Border, quilt, and bind Life of Plenty by the end of the quarter.
5. Quilt and bind another UFO top by the end of the quarter.

As you know, I finished the Adinkra quilt this week (except for the label) so I have satisfied my One Monthly Goal. Yay!

As for the quarterly goals,

1. I sewed more rows on On Ringo Lake but still need to make the remaining blocks to finish the project, since I decided to make the full size quilt.  I have enough nine patches, so onto to part two of the mystery! The goal is to make this a top by the end of the quarter, so I am on track.

2. Adinkra - done! (except for label)

3. In order to make 90 circles for the quarter, I wanted to make sure I made 31 circles for January. I've made 21 circles so far. Just when I think I am caught up on this project, I am behind again. I did sew my blocks together into rows this month so additional progress was made on this quilt besides the making of the circles.

4. I haven't touched Life of Plenty, but it is a quarterly goal and not a monthly one. Maybe now that Adinkra is done, I will find time to work on this one.

5. Quilt another UFO quilt. I didn't work on any other UFOs.  I did instead work on other projects - I worked on a couple of art quilts for a swap, did some art journaling and started a tiny stitching book. I will show you the art quilts after I send it to the recipient and the stitching book when it is done. The picture shows a better picture of the  snippet ribbon I made this month.

All in all, I think it is a good showing.

Linked to:
Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal February Goal Setting  - Oops, I think this means I have to set a goal for February!  I will set the goal to make enough circles to catch up to the one circle a day for this year.

3 comments:

Patty said...

Circles are fun! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

dq said...

indeed it was. You are a realistic goal setter who accomplished a lot.

Lisa J. said...

Everything is moving along nicely. Good luck with your February goal.